Job Title: Biomedical Technologist – Biomedical Technologist
Company: Hasenpflug Holdings Inc.
Divisions: Brandon Biomed and TRH Services
Company Address: 140 McGovern Dr., Cambridge, ON, CAN N3H 4R7, Unit: 23
Reports to: Tyler Hasenpflug, CET – Vice President
The TRH Services biomedical technologist is a member of the service team and reports directly to the service team leader. The biomedical technologist is responsible for independently performing assigned maintenance, installations, repairs, adjustments, calibrations, and safety testing on a broad range of medical equipment in the field. Medical equipment servicing includes routine yearly maintenance on small scale facility equipment, repairs as required or managing larger scale hospital equipment inventories. The biomedical technologist services a variety of medical facilities, including hospitals, dentistry, research, physiotherapy, educational and midwifery. Servicing occurs primarily in Ontario. The position is responsible for investigating safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents, and performing quality control checks. The biomedical technologist supports and develops TRH Services’ policies, procedures and practices and meets client expectations concerning service quality and communications.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical – 90%
- Performs assigned preventative maintenance, installations, repairs, adjustments, calibrations, and safety testing on a broad range of medical equipment in compliance with original equipment manufacturer standards
- Troubleshoots and repairs medical equipment and systems.
- Performs minor repairs to electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems
- Maintains company computerized maintenance management system by documenting client inventory, equipment servicing history, and work order completion information.
- Investigates safety issues, hazards and equipment incidents and implements preventative and corrective measures to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Assists with in-service education programs for other staff and customers relating to electro-medical devices, their use and safety.
- Reviews original equipment manufacturer servicing manuals for technical specifications, engineering drawings and equipment servicing requirements
- Utilizes a wide range of testing and calibration equipment to carry out equipment servicing.
- Attends training activities to keep up to date on relevant codes, standards and work practices.
- Interprets and reads blueprints, specifications and drawings.
- Reports any unsafe conditions observed or any equipment that requires repair.
- Project tools: MS Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Technical or software tools: Alaris System Maintenance Software, Welch Allyn SPOT Vitals Software, Seca Serva Software, P-Touch Editor
Communication – 10%
- Meets client’s expectations concerning service quality and communications
- Communicates with team members using a variety of mediums including meetings, phone calls, emails and instant messages
- Develops and updates company policies, procedures and practices.
- Completes paperwork on time
- Prepares technical documentation, test reports, shipping documents and general correspondences with clients as required
Education Credentials, Skills and Experience
- Graduate of Biomedical Engineering Technology course or equivalent.
- A member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists is desirable.
- Experience with multi-vendor service is an asset
- 1-3 years of experience in a hospital setting
- Experience with electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Familiarity with a variety of medical equipment is desirable
- Experience working from blueprints and various types of wiring diagrams and schematics
- Experience servicing hemodialysis and water treatment equipment is an asset
- Strong problem-solving, technical documentation and communication skills required
- Maintains documentation of all activities performed, and supports program performance improvement initiatives
- Excellent customer service, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relay ideas to peers and supervisors
- Must possess a good working knowledge of applicable codes and standards (i.e. CSA standards)
- Must be able to take service calls as needed on a daily basis, with some travel
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license for travel
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to provide references
- Long term standing may be required
- Should be able to lift a product(s) weighing up to 50lbs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.00-$42.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care