Hasenpflug Holding Inc.
Job Description for Biomedical Service Technologist or Electronics Technologist (5+YRS Exp.)
Job Identification Details:
Job Title: Biomedical Service Technologist (Biomed)
Job Location: 23-140 McGovern Dr., Cambridge, Ontario
Job Summary The Biomed performs a variety of duties including preventative maintenance and repairs. They will troubleshoot systems and equipment and performs adjustments, repairs and installations as necessary in order to maintain operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must possess a good working knowledge of applicable codes and standards (i.e. CSA standards). Attends training activities in order to keep up to date on codes, standards and work practices.
- Assists in estimating costs for installations and repairs. And when assigned, plans and carries out installations.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications and drawings.
- Troubleshoots and repairs medical based systems. Performs minor repairs to electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance to the schedule and procedures in the computerized work order system. Uses this system to log repairs and keep equipment histories. Provides input pertaining to this system in order to improve the effectiveness of the preventative maintenance program.
- Directs any staff member or contractor assigned to assist him/her in his/her duties (i.e. new employees, helpers, contractors, student, etc.).
- Uses the computer system to view work requests, assignments and preventative maintenance tasks, enter equipment history and close work orders. With this information must be able to develop own work schedule and organize and prioritize items to be completed.
- Organizes the workload assigned.
- Works within the inventory control and ordering procedure to maintain adequate inventory levels of spare parts and materials. Initiates purchase requisitions.
- Performs good communication skill with customers and other team members.
- Could be called in at odd hours to make repairs or respond to emergency situations. In an emergency situation could be placed on 24-hour call. May be required to work odd shifts to perform repairs or carry out preventative maintenance.
- Report any unsafe condition observed or any equipment that need repair.
- Strives to improve the quality of service to our customers every day, presenting their self in a suitable manner to customers, promoting good public relations.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept in a clean workman like manner, and return areas to a clean condition after performing any work.
- Assists in in-service education programs for other staff and customers relating to electro-medical devices, their use and safety.
- Develops and modifies testing criteria for devices when necessary taking into account any safety or standard issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions Requires extensive physical movements (walking, crouching, etc.) A high percentage of time is spent walking and standing Work is performed both inside and outside the building and traveling to job sites is a requirement.
Skills, Effort, Competencies, and Other Specifications
Affiliations: A Member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologist (OACETT) is desirable, however is required after two years of employment
Education: A Diploma in Electronics Technology – Technologist, or equivalent program. Biomedical technologist or technician is desirable. A valid class G Ontario License is a must, with no driving convictions or infractions.
Experience: Prior electronics and mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience a must. Familiarity with a variety of medical equipment is desirable. Experience reading and working from blue prints and various types of wiring diagrams and schematics.
Communication: Demonstrated communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, having the ability to relay ideas to peers and supervisors. Stellar interpersonal skills a must. Should have strong oral communication skills. Should have strong technical documentation skills.
Physical Demands: Long term standing may be required. Should be able to lift a product weighing 50 pounds or less. Should not be allergic to solvents used in the cleaning or the lubrication procedure of medical equipment.
Mental Demands: Ability to respond to customer inquiries regarding prices, service terms, etc., a must. This ability requires good short term memory. Ability to learn and remember testing procedures, and troubleshooting techniques is a must. Ability to work in high stress emergency situations is desirable.
Other Competencies: Ability to empathize with the customer is a must. Ingenuity and ability to solve problems in a creative manner is superior performance on the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour